Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Scared...

I'm scared of what I hear and I'm scared of what I see
I never thought I'd be this way
All the thoughts colliding at once.
All the emotions crashing together like the waves crash to shore.
All my worries all my cares
Will never leave me no matter how much I try and will them away
Why am I so incapable of feeling?
Why am I afraid to expose my heart?
I envy humans but I hate them also.
I hold on to naive hopes when I know it won't come true.
I can't make everyone happy
I can't absorbed all the worlds problems.
If I stay in the darkness forever will I stop all the agony?
Can I take it all away and take the world's pain to the grave?
Take it all inside and claw out my own throat?
Fall on the blade.
End the sorrow and the pain I see the people I care about in?
What do I do to make you happy?
What do you want me to do?
I'll do anything...
Am I a good girl?
Am I a good girl?
Am I a good girl?
Am I a good girl?
Say I'm a good girl...
Why do you say what you don't mean?

Do you know me for real?
Can you say you know me?
If I disappeared tomorrow and you never saw me again could you really say you'd care.
I'm just a girl in a world of many.
I'm no different than any other.
I fade.
I rip.
I tear.
Nothing but an old photo.
A worthless scrap.
I'm sorry.
I'm so selfish.
Selfish.
Selfish.
Selfish.
I cling to others like a vine.
Needing to be supported by the trees.
Needing to be paid attention to like a child.
I'm scared .
Scared.
Scared.
Scared.
Scared.
Scared.
Scared.
Like a child left alone in the dark.

No comments: