Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Hero In My Eyes...









Why this man is my hero...(I LOVELES THIS PICTURE! :D)



When Charlotte asked us to pick a public hero to write about my instant reaction was 'ZOMJ! There's too many T^T ' (Yes...I am so very indecisive...) But in the end, though I admire many, (all of which are cartoons...) I ended up picking this man, Jushiro Ukitake, the captain of the 13th court guard squad of the soul society.



Although he is not real he is a hero in my little freshman eyes because of his strength, kindness, and wisdom. You see, Ukitake~Taichou (quick lesson: Taichou=captain in japanese) has the disease know as TB or Tuberculosis which keeps him bedridden most of the time but despite all of this he still finds the will to be happy and spread that happiness to others. An example would be his fetish of handing out snacks (especially candy) to anyone he comes across! :3



Not only is he my hero for this reason but also because of what he said, "As long as we engage ourselves in battle, we must know the difference between the two. A fight to protect innocent life and a fight to preserve one's honor." This quote really struck me because it made me think about the choices I have made in the past. When I see someone getting hurt my immediate reaction is to defend. I never thought about someones honor and how I might have destroyed it with my desire to shield them from harm. I understand now; how to distinguish between the two and I thank him for it.



This man is still teaching me so much and even though it might be a little strange that an anime/manga character has taught me so much I don't care! :) To me all that matters is he has influenced me for the better and that maybe, just maybe I can become a better person because of him.



2 comments:

Ms. Charlotte said...

This is really interesting. I like what he stands for. I need to learn more about anime/manga! I don't know much at all.

Taylor said...

Ukitake!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM! HE is totally a hero! hes so inspirational! one of my favorite captains (including Byakuya!) Omg, you picked a great hero. I was thinking of doing L from Death Note as my hero, since L and Ukitake are like the total awesomeness (and Ed from FMA! AND TOHRU FROM FRUITS BASKET!) Ahhhh I have so many anime heroes!